Carl N. Frankovitch
- Corporate Litigation
- Health Care
- Personal Injury
A lifelong resident of Weirton, Carl graduated from The Linsly School in 1965. He then received his B.A. from the College of William and Mary where he was a member of ROTC and the football team. In 1972, he earned his Juris Doctorate from West Virginia University College of Law with high honors and was elected a member of the Order of the Coif and Phi Delta Phi.
Carl is one of the most respected attorneys in the region and has been awarded the “AV Preeminent” rating by Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest possible peer review rating in Legal Ability and Ethical Standards obtained by less than 5% of all attorneys. He has earned hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients through settlements and verdicts. Carl was a pioneer of class-action lawsuits in West Virginia and continues to serve on the steering committee of several national class-action cases.
Carl dedicates the bulk of his practice to personal injury and corporate law. Carl and his wife, esteemed Pittsburgh attorney, Cynthia Danel, live in Weirton. He has one son, two daughters and 4 grandchildren.
- West Virginia, 1972
- Pennsylvania, 1986
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1990
- West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia
- J.D. – 1972
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Law Review: West Virginia, Note Editor, 1971 – 1972
- College of William & Mary
- B.S. – 1969
Professional Associations and Memberships
- West Virginia State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Ohio Bar Association, Member
- Western Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Phi Alpha Delta