Carl A. Frankovitch
- Personal Injury
- Oil and Gas
Carl A. Frankovitch is a third-generation partner of the firm. Born and raised in Weirton, Carl graduated Weir High School in 2005. He received his bachelor’s degree from Washington & Jefferson College located in Washington, Pennsylvania. Carl attended the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, where he achieved his Juris Doctorate degree.
Carl handles complex civil litigation in state and federal trial and appellate courts, concerning a wide variety of legal issues. Representative cases include prosecuting and defending claims of tortious interference with contract, negligence, fraud, breach of contract, and constitutional cases.
Carl is also a leading advocate for mineral owners in the Tri-State area. Carl has successfully negotiated and closed oil and gas transactions that have yielded over $50 million to his clients. This practice also includes complex litigation of oil and gas leases, pipeline right-of -ways and other natural resource issues.
In addition to civil litigation, Carl serves as general outside counsel to local businesses, such as banks, hospitals, manufacturing clients, and other various entities of all sizes. In this role, Carl advises his clients on all aspects of the law and other business matters, including employment related matters, contract negotiation and drafting, real estate transactions, and statutory and regulatory compliance. He also manages internal and governmental investigations, subpoena responses, and risk mitigation strategies.
Carl currently serves as the President of the Hancock County Bar Association and was previously a member of the Executive Committee of the Jefferson County Bar Association.
In 2020, Carl was selected for inclusion into the Top 40 Under 40 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in West Virginia by The National Trial Lawyers. In 2021, Carl was selected as Super Lawyers Rising Star.
- West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 2012
- Law Review – Journal of Law and Commerce (Staff Editor)
- Washington & Jefferson College
- B.A. – 2009
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: President’s Award
- Major: Business Administration